Yes, it exists. Othertin are one of the most oppressed groups in society today. Most biologicals don’t even recognise our existence.
I haven’t talked about this before because I wasn’t sure what reaction I would get from my followers, but I’ve decided I can’t stand by and say nothing while my fellow metallics are being systematically oppressed and ignored.
Some people consider being a tin a ‘problem’. Like it’s some kind of illness. Like people with Autism, ADD/ADHD, auto-immune disorders, depression, otherkin, multiples, trans, we are treated as if our difference is some kind of defect; it is not.
Whether you like it or not, if you were born with a biological body in alignment with a biological non-metallic mind, you have privellege.
Because of this privilege, you have the responsibility to be quiet and listen to what us othertin have to say. You can’t possibly understand what it’s like to not even be a living being but for everyone to think you are. You have to respect that othertin’s opinions are more valid in this discussion, because we have a personal tinsperience (‘experience’ is a word that promotes erasure, assuming that we want to be able to experience things in the first place, unlike cistins).
This is an area that social justice politics seems to have ignored. So I have compiled a list of all the ways in which cis-biological non-metallics have privilege.
- Everyone assumes you are the kind of matter you are.
- You will have your status as a living or non-living accepted by mainstream society.
- Magnets will react with you in a way congruent with your matter-type.
- You do not have to worry about being treated as a person.
- People’s assumptions about your wish to remain sentient are most likely correct.
- You will not be removed from a food store for standing in the place correct for what you are.
- Your mental health is not questioned because of your matter-type.
- You can expect your family, co-workers, and loved ones to be made of the same elements as you.
- Your taught history includes beings made from the same molecules as you.
There is a lot more I could say, but my life-dysphoria (just like trans people) has been getting really bad from expressing and having thoughts.